Canada Work Visa
Work opportunities for foreigners abound in Canada. The Canadian government, in fact, encourages skilled foreign workers to migrate to Canada through their immigrant workers welfare programs. If you intend to go to Canada for work, you need to obtain a work visa or permit at the Canadian embassy in Thailand prior to your departure.
- Completed Visa Application Form: Fill out the corresponding visa application form clearly and truthfully. Download application here.
- Valid Passport: The passport must have a validity period covering your period of stay in Canada. It should not expire before your return to Thailand. Old passports need to get submitted as further proof of identity.
- Photograph: Four recent specific photographs, taken not more than 6 months before the application. See Photograph specifications here
- Letter of Job Offer: This needs to be provided by your Canadian Employer. The letter should include the following details: the job title, duties and length of employment.
- Letter of Reference from Present and Past Employers: Provide letters of reference or employment letter from your past and current employers.
- Educational Evidence: Collect all educational certificates and transcript of records. Have them translated into English if they are in Thai.
- Police Clearance Certificate: If you are 18 years old or older, you have to secure a Police Certificate certifying that you are free of criminal records.
- Medical Certificate: You will be asked to undergo a medical check up following the embassy’s medical instructions once your visa application is approved provisionally.
Additional Important Points to Remember
- Your spouse and children can go with you to Canada as your dependants, you just have to provide a copy of your marriage certificate and birth certificate of your children and 4 photographs for each of them.
- Anticipate corresponding visa fees. It won’t be refunded if your visa application gets refused.
- An interview with the visa officer maybe required so prepare on this one.
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
We make your work visa application easy through our full-service package as follows:
- Full review of your employment background and qualifications
- Liaise with your employer/agency in Canada for the required documents
- Consultation with our Canadian Immigration Specialist
- Comprehensive checklist of documents for the applicant and the employer
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the interview (if any)
Results of the Application
You will be notified by the embassy once the results of your application are ready. If your visa application is approved, a visa will be stamped on your passport. All submitted papers for the application will be returned to you.